Centeva wins CMS BPA Contract Award!
January 22, 2021
Monday, March 2, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Centeva has been selected as one of seven vendors on the CMS Project Management Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA). The purpose of this contract is to provide the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) with comprehensive Program/Project Management (P/PM) support necessary to achieve Agency goals. The work under this contract directly supports the Program Management Improvement Accountability Act (PMIAA), which was signed into law in 2016. PMIIA’s goal is to improve portfolio, program, and project management practices within the Federal Government; require government-wide standards and policies for program management; and establish an interagency council to improve P/PM practices among agencies.
“Centeva is pleased to be chosen for this important initiative and is eager to lend our years of program management experience to support CMS project-based requirements” said Jan Quan-Esplin, CEO of Centeva. “We welcome the opportunity to employ industry best practices along with our project management framework to help advance and fortify CMS program/project management methodologies.”
Efforts under this BPA will require Centeva to provide recommendations to CMS based on the tracking, analyzing and reporting of mission-critical and highly visible Agency programs and project implementation activities. Task orders under this contract will include tactical project management support and strategic program management governance. Centeva will also assist in the development of mechanisms to meet mandated governance and reporting requirements as well as promote the adoption of consistent P/PM practices.
Project Management Support Tasks under with contract will include:
- Data gathering and integration, executive reporting, schedule development and document creation and data maintenance. Develop project management documents (i.e. charters, project management plans, etc.) and populate risk registers, issue logs, and decision logs. Develop and update project-based visuals using software tools and other graphics programs as necessary.
- Developing agendas, facilitating meetings, tracking action items and decisions, and performing all other project management-related actions at CMS duty stations or contractor duty stations, as necessary. Supporting CMS in using and creating templates, data collection tools, reports, dashboards and standard operation procedures to facilitate the development and distribution of guidelines for project schedule management, as well as analyzing schedule related critical path actions and risk mitigation.
- Provide coaching services to the CMS employees and blended teams, to promote repeatable, sustainable and maintainable solutions for continuous delivery of best-in-class P/PM practices.
- Contractor personnel who are required to obtain a CMS badge under this contract/order shall be required to undergo a background investigation.
- Working collaboratively at every level including, when appropriate and/or necessary, across BPA holders and other contractors;
- Exercising regular coordination between contractors working on related projects and the ability to perform successful combined planning
- On a regular and/or as‐needed basis, the contractor(s) shall be required to identify and report risks and other issues that might constrain P/PM teams from effectively and efficiently delivering functionality that adds business value to the Agency; and
- Providing on-site support and attending in-person meetings as necessary.